Terms and Conditions.
Revised Covid terms and conditions further down page.
1. Application for the reservation of accommodation must be accompanied by an advance deposit of 30% of the total rental cost. All reservations are subject to written confirmation. If the application is not accepted, the advance deposit will be refunded in full.
2. The balance of the total rental cost must be paid in full at least 8 weeks before the holiday is due to commence. If a booking is made 8 weeks or less before your arrival date then the full rent is payable. Failure to send the required amount by the date due may be (at our discretion) regarded as cancellation of the holiday by you and the advance deposit will not be refunded.
3. The cottage is available after 5.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. Accommodation is restricted to the number of persons stated on the booking form. The cottage must be vacated before 9.00 a.m. on the day of departure.
4. The Clients are responsible for keeping and leaving the cottage clean and tidy. This will be a subject to a £100 charge if the cottage is deemed to require more than a normal clean through. Extra professional cleaning and breakages will also be charged for. You will find that we do keep the cottage at a very high level of cleanliness and would appreciate your help in maintaining this standard. Please check the inventory on arrival and report any discrepancies within 24 hours.
5. Anyone with a medical condition should seek their Doctor’s advice before commencing use of the facilities provided ( Sauna). Please note that no person under the age of 16 is allowed in the sauna. Children are to be supervised at all times and accompanied by an adult.
6. If for any reason beyond the owners control (e.g. fire damage) the property is not ready on the date booked, all rent and charges paid in advance will be refunded in full. The client shall have no further claim against the owners.
7. The owners of the property do not accept any liability for any accident, damage, loss, injury, or expense, whether to persons or to property, which the tenants or any other persons may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with, the letting.
8. Cancellation by you: If we are successful in re-letting your holiday, you will only forfeit the booking deposit. If we are unable to re-let then you will be held responsible for the prompt payment of the full cost of the holiday, You may wish to take out cancellation insurance. However, you should check the circumstances of cover.
9. There is a £200 returnable security deposit. This will be returned to you by post within two weeks of your holiday, minus any breakages, extra cleaning costs etc. Payment by cheque or cash on arrival.
10. We regret that the cottage is non-smoking but there are covered smoking areas provided within the gardens.
11. A travel cot and high chair are provided. Please bring your own bed linen for the cot.
12. Please note that we do not provide beach towels – please bring your own.
13. Although the cottage accommodates six we are happy to discuss any requirements for additional sleeping accommodation.
14. We do not allow large single sex groups. Please contact us if in doubt.
15. The Hirer and other members of the party must not cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of the neighboring properties.
18. The Owners reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time without written confirmation.
REVISED COVID TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Following recent developments we understand peace of mind is important when considering a holiday
Relaxation of booking terms for NEW bookings
If you book a break in 2020 or 2021 now but we find ourselves in Government lock down due to Covid-19 for the dates you selected, we will move your holiday to another time in the next 12 months and we will waive our usual admin fee (£150.) to ensure you DO NOT LOSE YOUR MONEY
Should the cost of your holiday increase due to a date change the full balance would be required. However, should the cost of your holiday decrease we will refund the difference but the admin charge will apply.
Balances are now due in full 4 weeks prior to your arrival (previously 8 weeks)
Should the cottage be closed or you are unable to travel and you want to re-book, you can only transfer the cost of your existing break.
Should the cottage be closed or you are unable to travel, we will not provide you with a money refund
If you find yourself in a local lock down with travel restrictions in place, we will not provide you with a money refund.
Due to the current restrictions we can no longer permit use of the Sauna and Exercise equipment as advertised on our web site and mentioned in our main Terms and conditions until further notice this is for your safety as well as ours.
If you start to show symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay with us, stay in the cottage and self-isolate with all other people who are staying in your cottage. Immediately call the owners for advice about what to do next. We will provide you with information about how to apply for a test and talk you through what happens next. Do not leave your cottage for any reason other than to go for your test. If it is confirmed that you have Covid-19, you will need to return home as soon as you reasonably are able to. You should use private transport only and drive yourself if you are well enough to do so safely.
If you are contacted by ‘Track & Trace’ during your stay with us and have been informed that you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive but you are not displaying symptoms, you will need to leave the cottage immediately and travel home.
If you cannot reasonably return home (for example, if you are too unwell to travel or do not have a means of private transport available), you will need to discuss what to do with next with a healthcare professional and/or Cornwall Council. The owners can support you through this process and provide you with all the information you need over the phone.
If you develop symptoms of Covid-19 before you travel, please do NOT come to the Cottage and contact the owners immediately.
Guests will need to follow Government guidelines on dealing with possible or confirmed cases of Covid-19 during a stay with us.
Follow this link for more information: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We always recommend you take out travel insurance when you book with us, which also acts as a safety net should you wish to cancel your holiday
Prefer to pay by cheque?
If you would prefer to pay by cheque please make your cheque payable to Mr and Mrs RCS Bolt and send it to:
Back to top